Recipe for Carrot Ginger Soup: The healthiness of vegetable stock, carrot, ginger, and the freshness of thyme on top make carrot ginger soup a light and simple soup to make at home that is packed with everything healthy and nourishing.
Ingredients of Carrot Ginger Soup
- 6-8 Large carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 inch long ginger, peeled
- 4 garnishing thyme
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
How to Make Carrot Ginger Soup
1. Carrots should be peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds. Toss the carrots with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and plenty of salt on a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Set the broiler on and place an oven rack 6 to 8 inches from the heat source. The carrots should be placed under the broiler for 15 to 20 minutes, turning them over with a spatula as they brown and soften.
3. While this is happening, heat the stock to a boil, add the ginger and thyme sprig, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the onion to the remaining olive oil in a medium stockpot. Over medium heat, while tossing often, brown the onion. Add the carrots after you’ve added the garlic.
5. Add the stock to the pot with the onions and carrots after removing the ginger and thyme from the stock. When the carrots are soft enough to purée, bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Puree the contents in an immersion blender or a regular blender until it is smooth. Add more stock or water and gently reheat the soup if it seems too thick. To taste, add salt and pepper.
7. Garnish with freshly chopped thyme before serving.